Friday, March 6, 2009

Something New

So, my mom is a composer and my dad, brother, and sister are songwriters. They've all pretty much told me they wouldn't mind if I wrote them some lyrics to work with, so I decided to give it a try!

This is my first set of lyrics. My sister Stephanie put it to music with her guitar. *EDIT: She had me lay down a cello track playing simple chords. I'm not a huge fan of how that turned out, but oh well. Check it.

Into the Sun
[Dedicated to our niece, Aria Wilhelm for her 7th birthday]

No force can ever pull me down
now that I’m finally off the ground.
It’s gonna take everything I’ve got and even more.
There’s no winning if you don’ try.
I’d rather lose mid-flight than give up my right to fly
I don’t blame

Icarus or his waxen wings,
cause I’m flying into the sun
and after my dreams.

This current flowing beneath my wings
tells me I’m suddenly coming free.
It’s keeping me high above the sharks that wait below.
New hope is kindling in my eyes.
I’ll never doubt again when all within me cries
to follow

Icarus with his waxen wings
and try flying into the sun
and after my dreams.

If you believe good things must end
don’t cry when everything crashes in;
I may be falling from the sky but I’m still on the rise.
That sunlight burning within my mind
reminds me once again I’m glad that I could find
inside me

Icarus and his waxen wings
while I’m flying into the sun
and after my dreams.

1 comment:

Becca said...

oooohhh- I LOVE it. Seriously. I'm off to Stephy's blog to hear it with music. :)