Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Rachel
This is my latest short story! I have been struggling to write this story for a while, and I'm excited to finally have somewhere to begin. Eventually it will probably be much longer than a short story, but ya gotta start somewhere, right? I have workshopped it with my teacher a little, but no one has edited this draft with me. So as always, feel free to comment/suggest!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
stace- that's really good. you left me hanging though! now, whenever you finish this short story and expand it into a longer story- you have to share!
the only thing that I think would make it a little more realistic as far as the husband/wife dynamics is to show a little more sympathy from the husband, along with the feelings of frustration and helplessness. I just think it would make him a more likable character.
Stace -- I LOVE it. It feels very real to me. I think you'ev pegged the guy-girl communication wall SO well. I really love how you make it so easy to understand the husband and the wife. The feelings are raw and real...and I can almost feel like this came out of my own life. And I like how it feels like a true relationship --- the girl in an understandable state of emotion and pain, and the guy grounded, logical, and tender. I love it all. -You're awesome. (((hugs)))
Wow, I've noticed that whatever you write about, its always gripping. If you wrote a novel, it would be the type that you can't put down. You just have the way of writing that captures the readers full attention. You've got some serious talent!
I like it, but I feel like I don't really understand Devon's underlying motivations, emotions. Possible develop his character a little bit more. I did like the interplay between the husband and wife about their different opinions about adopting.
Post a Comment